DIY baler for walk-behind tractor
Small farmers, and even owners of a small herd of cows or goats in the household, can be of great help in the work of the hay press. With it, you can quickly procure feed. Moreover, the grass and the scrap will not need to be stacked - the mechanism will do all the work. Yes, and storage space for compressed raw materials will require less than 2 times.
The problem is that often buying an industrial version of a baler designed to work with a tractor or combine is not profitable and expensive. If the farm has a walk-behind tractor, then it is possible to develop and assemble a mechanism of its own design for it. Materials for it are used both metal and wooden.
Principle of operation
There are two options for balers: round and bale. The former roll hay into a large, heavy roll, while the latter form a rectangular briquette that can be easily transported to one. Also, pick-ups can be stationary or mobile. The stationary one stands still, hay is laid in it and a bale is formed, and the mobile type usually rolls rolls in the field.
You can make a mobile press yourself, as it will combine two actions at once: selecting hay or straw and forming rolls. It consists of the following main details:
- Lobovins - all the others are attached to this main part;
- Chassis with wheels;
- Devices for the selection of straw;
- A working chamber with a pressing mechanism inside;
The efficiency of the press will depend mainly on the pressing device, which consists of shafts, metal and steel springs, a clamping lattice. Mechanisms such as gearbox, gears, gearbox, shafts and wheels are better to take ready-made.
First you need to draw a device with all the exact dimensions and mounts. Make a homemade pick-up according to the instructions:
- The chassis frame is welded from metal sheets and pipes. Sizes are selected individually. Pneumatic wheels and forehead are placed on the frame.
- A pick-up, which looks like ordinary pitchfork, is made of several metal rods. The pick-up is attached to the forehead.
- A conveyor belt consisting of two layers is also attached to the front side: the upper rubber and the lower fabric.
- The working chamber is welded separately from a sheet of iron. Some fit a simple barrel under it. Pressing shafts are located below, and at the top there is a metal grill and a heavy steel plate on springs. The press chamber is placed on the pick-up.
- The entire device is driven by a cardan connected to the gearbox, which transmits the movement to the shafts and further to the conveyor. The gearbox has only two speeds.
This completes the assembly of the baler. You can hook the unit to a walk-behind tractor or a mini-tractor and go to the fodder in the field.