How easy it is to make a drawer for storing things under the bed
When there is not much space in the room for storing things, this problem can be solved with the help of a drawer under an ordinary bed. Sometimes the bed is already equipped in the factory with such a drawer. But if he is not, then it will not be difficult to make it at home. You can do with improvised materials, minimizing costs.
Materials and Tools
Usually the box is made of plywood or chipboard, but you can take the rest of the laminate and the table cover. The back wall can be made of chipboard. Also have to buy in the store:
- staple handles - 2 pcs.;
- castors for furniture - 4 pcs.;
- corners - 8 pcs.;
- self-tapping screws;
- PVA glue.
- Of the tools you will need:
- drill or screwdriver;
The process of making the box is very simple. The procedure is as follows:
- The empty space under the bed is measured. The box must be made so that it moves about 5 cm deep. Then it will not interfere with the legs.
- Workpieces are marked in size and cut with a jigsaw.
- The sides of plywood or laminate are twisted with furniture corners. If the length of the laminate is not enough, you can glue the pieces with PVA glue by inserting them into the castle connection. In this case, you need to wait a day until completely dry.
- Two handles are screwed to the front wall.
- The bottom is also screwed to the sidewalls using angles and screws.
- 4 furniture wheels must be fastened to the bottom in the corners.
The drawer is ready for this. It slides easily under the bed and is quite durable. Assembly does not take much time and requires a little money.
You can, of course, make such a box from plywood. Workpieces must first be sanded. Thin fiberboard is suitable at the bottom. Otherwise, the assembly order is similar.
You can store bedding, pillows, rugs, linen in a drawer. There they will not be evident and attract attention, and the room will always be clean and tidy.